Jun 03, 2019
Chinook Villa is going up! Eagle Builders is constructing this 4 story condominium with pre-cast concrete sandwich panel walls that are formed in Blackfalds and trucked to the building site. There, a massive 190 foot boom crane is setting the wall panels in place. Some of the excellent reasons that Charis Village designed this type of building are as follows:
1) The building and roofing system are extremely strong and durable. The steel and concrete insulated structural walls are 10" thick.
2) The walls between suites and the floors and ceilings are reinforced concrete. This means that the suites will be super quiet. You do NOT have to listen to your next-door-neighbours!
3) The R-Value is well above the requirements for the new energy code. Heating and cooling bills will be minimal.
4) The building is non-combustible. None of the walls, including within the suites, are wood framed. The safety of seniors is as important to the Charis Village board as it is to the future residents and their families.
5) The heated, underground parkade will provide parking stalls for each unit, as well as a storage area for each unit. This is vital in our climate for the safety and comfort of residents.
6) Construction moves forward quickly. In about 2 1/2 months, the structure will be in place and work can begin on the interior walls and floors.
7) The business and workers are local. As much as possible, Charis Village plans to use local industries and trades to build the community.